Fast Lemon Raspberry Almond Cake
This Fast Lemon Raspberry Almond Cake, makes use of almond paste within the cake batter to make an fast a straightforward casual cake. I’m a lover of something almond, together with almond paste. From my expertise nevertheless, I do know that almond paste is a controversial ingredient. At Christmas time there may be at all times a powerful divide between those that love the sting slice of the Christmas cake in order that they get essentially the most almond paste, and people who keep away from it in any respect prices. I’m firmly within the former camp!
This cake is is dense and moist, and with the raspberry and lemon, exceedingly scrumptious. With the richness of the almond paste, it’s one for the almond lover!
The Lemon Raspberry Almond Cake Recipe
This cake makes use of shop-bought almond paste. Almond paste is barely totally different from marzipan. The previous having a better almond to sugar ratio, extra scrumptious in my e book. Pre-made elements should not one thing I often suggest, so chances are you’ll be a bit of perplexed to discover a store purchased merchandise in my elements checklist. Nevertheless, I do purchase almond paste each Christmas to cowl my fruit desserts. I discover the purchased product rolls extra readily and avoids having uncooked egg product within the desserts. I usually find yourself with some leftover, and provided that I don’t make fruit desserts outdoors the Christmas season, this leftover almond paste can find yourself going to waste. Which is the place this recipe is available in.
The recipe is an adaptation of Nigella Lawson’s Easy Almond Cake Recipe from her basic e book, How To Be A Home Goddess. It actually is a straightforward one, mainly involving the mixing of basic cake elements with almond paste…no creaming or whisking and just one vessel to clean up afterwards.
Certainly one of my favorite cake flavour mixtures is lemon and raspberry, each of which in fact work with almond. I therefore determined to make use of this mix on this almond cake by including recent lemon zest and raspberries.
You possibly can in fact play quick and unfastened with this cake, selecting elements you must hand, corresponding to marzipan relatively than almond paste, or different berries corresponding to cherries or blackberries for the raspberries. An orange model of this cake would even be an important one to attempt, made by swapping the lemon zest for orange zest.
Serving and Storing
Be at liberty to embellish this cake with what you must hand, a dusting of icing sugar with some edible flowers and herbs would work effectively. A dollop of Greek yogurt would even be a stunning teatime addition.
The cake retains effectively at room temperature in an hermetic container for 2-3 days.
Fast Lemon Raspberry Almond Cake Recipe
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g shop-bought almond paste
- 125g caster sugar
- 6 medium eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 150g raspberries (recent or frozen)
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven (fan) to 160⁰C/320F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 22cm/9” springform cake tin and line the bottom. (I’ve additionally made this in a 20cm/8″ tin which labored high-quality too however the cake was a bit of extra dense)
- To make the cake, break or chop up the almond paste and place in a meals processor. Mix till damaged up a bit of extra. Add the butter and sugar and proceed to mix. If the butter is mushy it ought to turn into easy. I made this on a relatively chilly day and the combination was nonetheless a bit of lumpy however the cake labored completely. (As I stated above, I is usually a little quick and unfastened when dwelling baking!).
- Sift the flour right into a bowl and add the lemon zest.
- Add the eggs to the meals processor, one by one, mixing after every addition. You might have to scrape down the perimeters intermittently.
- Add the flour combination and mix till mixed. Scrape down the perimeters and base of the processor and blend as soon as extra to make sure it’s effectively mixed.
- Scrape the combination into the ready tin. Evenly press within the raspberries all through the cake combination.
- Place the cake within the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes earlier than checking. Insert a skewer into the centre. If it comes out clear and the cake is springy on the floor it’s cooked. If not then return to the oven and test at 10min intervals till cooked.
- Depart to chill for 10-15mins within the tin earlier than eradicating. When cool, place on a plate or cake stand and sprinkle with icing sugar and some other ornament.
I hope you get pleasure from this cake, do tag us on social media @covecakedesign together with your creations!